Since our launch September last year we have gone all out to make WPMU DEV hosting as good as it possibly can be, and we’ve now reached the point where I’m happy to declare that it is, hands down, the best dang managed WordPress hosting product on the planet.
Plus, I’m happy to do that without even mentioning all the regular WPMU DEV stuff. That’s just a bonus. This is straight-up all about hosting.
Put me under oath before a competition regulator of your choice.
This is not contentious, it’s not opinion, it’s a fact, and here are 3 fundamental and undisputable reasons why.
Don’t agree? I’ll see you in the comments! Prove me wrong? I’ll publish it!
So here goes:
1 – Price To Specs Ratio
This is a pretty easy one to compare, basically take the dedicated resources (CPU and RAM) that any other host has, and then divide it by the price of their entry-level plan.
With our $10/m Bronze plan you get 1GB of dedicated RAM and 1 vCPU (as well as 10GB SSD and 1TB of bandwidth). That’s simply unbeatable, which is why nobody else can (unless they are lying about it being dedicated).
And the same goes for all of our other plans too.
Which gets better when you factor in our up to 20% bulk pricing discount.
The thing is, to do that you need to be: a) Very skilled, b) Happy to value the time it takes at less than $5/m, and c) Not be after fully managed WordPress hosting (which is what this post is about).
Fundamentally, you are getting hardware, performance, and opportunity that you cannot get elsewhere.
2 – What Else You Get For That $10
Now, let’s talk about what you get on that $10 per month plan, which, collectively, I guarantee you will not get anywhere else:
- Free Email – free email accounts, unlimited email forwarders.
- A dedicated IP – Great for so many things, amazingly included.
- A fully managed high-performance WAF tuned for WordPress.
- WordPress Multisite – hey, we’re WPMU, we had to provide Multisite!
- Free wildcard SSL for your subdomain multisites via our DNS manager.
- Persistent Object Cache (memcached), IPv6, TLS1.3, PHP 7.4 & CDN.
- SSH and WP-CLI, you’re welcome.
- Unlimited backups with 30-day retention.
- A complete (and included) staging environment.
Basically everything that you usually have to pay way more for.
3 – A Control Panel With Every Feature & Function You Could Ask For
We ran a small survey on our existing users a couple of months back, and they overwhelmingly said that the ease of use of our panel/dashboard/call-it-what-you-will-hosting-thingy was the best thing about it…
But that’s somewhat ambiguous, so here I’d like to list some specific features that, again, make this $10/m plan unmatched:
- Cloning! (tl;dr expert & homemade templates).
- Live server stats (RAM, read, write, CPU, DB, PHP, inbound, outbound, cache, page gen… if you’re not seeing all of these you do not know how your hosting is doing).
- Full and elegantly accessible PHP, access, slow & audit logs for both staging and production.
- Plus everything you would expect from any hosting dashboard.
And We Haven’t Even Talked About WPMU DEV Yet!!!
Yep, with every site you also get EVERYTHING here at WPMU DEV.
And as mentioned, we don’t need to fully detail everything else we offer.
I also haven’t gone further into the above because they’re hard to objectively argue about. I mean everybody says they have the best support, don’t they?
Essentially this is me throwing down the gauntlet.
You could be a regular web developer, a budding sysadmin, or CTO of a major WordPress hosting company.
I’d love to hear from you.
Feel free to push your wares in comparison to ours in the comments (or on your own site, I’ll link to you) and, as promised, if you can show that I’m wrong I’ll literally post retractions and clarifications right here.
Let’s step outside the hosting affiliate, advertising, and paid links bubble and have a proper conversation.
And if you’d like to find out for yourself… just grab a free trial, your first 3 bronze level sites are included in your membership at no extra cost.